Diabetes is a sneaky, potentially disabling epidemic that is sweeping America as we speak. Many of your family, friends, and co-workers will experience the same experience that you do because of a number of factors including misinformation and inappropriate care.
Risks of Diabetes
Uncontrolled diabetes can affect . . .
- Your vision
- Loss of limbs
- Heart and cholesterol levels
- Risk factors for stroke and cancer
Early Warning Signs of Diabetes
- Family history of diabetes. If your siblings have diabetes, there is a 3 to 4X greater chance that you will too.
- Increased risk over 45 years of age
- 55% are overweight with a BMI of over 25
- HDL (good cholesterol) under 35 ml/dL
- Triglyceride level over 250 mg/dL
- High blood pressure (hypertension or HTN)
Let’s start with what makes my office completely DIFFERENT from any doctor that you have seen up to now…
#1: Complete Neurologic Testing With EWOT (Exercise with Oxygen Therapy):
Your brain and nervous system need two things to survive: FUEL and ACTIVATION. Activation comes from the treatments that are listed below. Fuel comes in the form of oxygen and glucose. You get the glucose from the food that you eat, which is why it is important to eat a healthy diet.
As you age, your ability to utilize oxygen decreases. One of our treatments is to give patients oxygen to increase their body’s fuel delivery system. It’s called EWOT or Exercise With Oxygen Therapy and it’s like gas in the car – if you don’t have any gas in the car, you are not going anywhere. If you don’t have oxygen available for your brain and nervous system, most likely, no treatment will work.
Unilateral Adjusting… the right brain controls the left side of the body and the left brain controls the right side. If there is a decrease of firing or impulses in one side of the brain, I only want to adjust you on the opposite side.
Auditory Stimulation… listening to sound in one ear will stimulate the opposite side of the brain and increase impulses.
Olfactory Stimulation…smelling different scents will stimulate the brain. Your sight, sound, taste, and touch all travel through a sensory area of your brain called the thalamus. Smell goes directly to the brain.
Calorics… warm water in the ear will stimulate the semicircular canals in your ear and fire the vestibular nerve back to your cerebellum. The cerebellum fires to the brain, the brain fires to the lower brain stem (ponto-medullary region), and your lower brainstem slows down the upper brainstem (mesencephalon)
#2: Complete and Thorough Metabolic Testing:
- Autoimmune Disorder: Autoimmune means that your immune system is attacking one or more parts of your body. There are two parts to your immune system, TH1 and TH2.
The first part, called our “T”-Helper 1 System (TH-1 System), is our immediate immune response system. It is responsible for an immediate attack against foreign invaders like bacteria viruses, mold, fungi, or parasites. The cells involved in the TH-1 system are called macrophages, natural killer cells, and cytotoxic T- Cells. It is our front-line defense.
The other part of our immune system is our T-Helper 2 (TH-2) system. It involves the production of antibodies to “tag” onto invaders so our TH-1 system can more easily destroy the invaders. It is our B cells that are responsible for producing the antibodies.
The balance between these two sides of our immune system is very important to look at with many diabetic patients. IF one of these parts is dominant, you could have an autoimmune disorder. An autoimmune disorder is where your immune system is attacking your body and it could be causing your diabetes. For example, you could have an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system is attacking your pancreas and this is why you have increased blood sugar levels.
(Please note: Autoimmune conditions trump everything that I have listed below. . . It must be handled first and foremost or you will never get completely better.)
- Five Foods That May Be Hurting You: Each time that you eat a food that you are sensitive to such as gluten (wheat, barley, rye, and oats), dairy, eggs, soy or yeast, it can increase your blood sugar levels. This could be why even though you are taking medications and exercising, you blood sugar levels keep increasing.
- Thyroid: Your thyroid controls your body metabolism so if you suffer from diabetes it must be thoroughly checked with the complete battery of thyroid tests which includes Total T4 (TT4), Free T4 (FT4), Free T3, Free Thyroxine Index (FTI), Resin T3 Uptake, Reverse T3, Thyroid Binding Globulin and the thyroid antibodies…TPO and TGB!
- Adrenal Glands: Your adrenal glands are your “stress” glands and they are just as important as your pancreas in treating your diabetes. An ASI (Adrenal Stress Index) will check your cortisol levels at 8 am, noon, 4 pm and 10 pm.
- Anemias: Anemia simply means you are not going to get oxygen to your tissues. There are different kinds of anemias such as iron, B12, Folic acid etc. Without oxygen available for your brain and nervous system, most likely, no treatment will work. No supplement will work. No nutritional program will work.
- Andropause: Men should be evaluated for Andropause, a condition similar to menopause.
- Female Hormones: Hormone levels are very important in controlling diabetes. If you are female, an expanded female hormone panel is essential.
Here’s What To Do Next . . .
Ask yourself the following questions:
- How have your diabetic symptoms affected your job, relationships, finances, family, or other activities?
- What has it cost you in time, money, happiness, sleep?
- Where do you picture yourself in the next one to three years if your diabetic problem is not taken care of?
- What is it worth to you if we could improve your condition?
If you are ready to start feeling better, call my office at 303-985-5540 and tell my staff that you are interested in setting up a consultation to discuss alternative treatments for your diabetes condition with me, Dr. Steve Tashiro.
Our office is located at 12051 W. Alameda Pkwy., Unit D4 in Lakewood, CO, Market Square/King Soopers Shopping Center.
I’ve been struggling with sugar addiction and joint pain my whole life. My M.D. had me on Prozac and Allegra and recommended a diet but I was still struggling. After just one month on Dr. Tashiro’s program, my sugar cravings and joint pain has all but disappeared. My energy level and water intake have increased. Dr. Steve and his group are great. They are very knowledgeable and caring!
I was a basket case! I had headaches, DIABETES, knee problems, backache and I was overweight for many years. The diabetes doc recommended insulin but I refused it. I was still taking 9 meds a day. After 3 months on Dr. Tashiro’s program, I’m down to 3 meds, my blood sugar is normal, and my headaches, stomach pain and knee and back pain are gone. I’m sleeping better and am so much happier!
I was suffering from poor balance, brain fog, sugar cravings and compulsive eating, even on the drugs prescribed by my M.D. After 2 months of care with Dr. Tashiro, I've stopped losing my balance, no longer have sugar cravings and compulsive eating and have lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks. The daily neck traction helps my posture and energy and prevent worsening of the arthritis in my neck. I feel more in tune with my body, make better choices and understand the importance of daily therapy to maintain health and balance.